Building a custom rock structure for your new Reef Tank can seem like a daunting task. However in recent years, new products have become available that simplify the process. Making it even easier to construct an amazing habitat your fish will love as much as you do. In the video below we demonstrate the construction process we use to build rock structures.
- Caribsea Life Rock - Real aragonitic base rock with live spored bacteria https://amzn.to/3qnTeap
- Caribsea Life Rock Arches - Really cool Arch shaped rock that give any rock structure unique character! https://amzn.to/3ir7bjs
- Caribsea Life Rock Shapes - A nice mix with the first pack and one arch usually.https://amzn.to/3JxqdQX
- CaribSea Arag-Alive Fiji Pink Aquariam Sand - This is a must have for every reef tank! https://amzn.to/3wy0TXk
As you can see from the video there are a few things that make the process easier.
Gloves, because safety first!!! These are chemicals after all.
- A good work space with your aquarium dimensions taped out is a big help.
- things to prop the rocks in place while you bond them together. (in this case we used PVC, but anything will work).
- Clean mixing containers for your StoneFix. This is important as using dirty mixing containers will add lumps and make clean, strong bonds unlikely.
- large popsicle sticks; they’re cheap and disposable. We used theses to add StoneFix to the mixing containers, mix the StoneFix, apply the StoneFix to the bonding area.
- Nice Rocks! We used 40 lbs. of Carib Sea's Life rock, a four pack of CaribSea arches, a 20 lbs box of their Belize branch, and lastly 20 lbs box of their Shapes – arches and tunnels